FÓRUM ANTIGO APENAS EM MODO CONSULTA
--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

UEFA CUP - Group stage - english talk

Started by basketaris, 09 de October de 2007, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

All i can say is WOW, what a great city and "crazy"   :D fans you have, congratulations.

Unfortunatelly i couldn't go visit you, but if i alway's say taht Greece is one of my "dream destinations" for vacations, now i'm
more sure about that. And if someday i go there i must assist for a Aris game, i'sm sure that would be a great experience.

Good luck in the Greek Championship  ;)

Bvna

Quote from: basketaris on 10 de October de 2007, 22:46
It really is!  :) Everybody consider Thessaloniki as one of the most beautiful cities in Greece! The climate is very good, the people are very warm, although very anxious!

You' ll feel at home if visiting Braga  ;D

HMAG

Quote from: basketaris on 10 de October de 2007, 17:04
Quote from: HMAG on 10 de October de 2007, 08:55
Hi there,

I know Koke, Calvo and Ivic i think ... but isn`t Ronaldo the one that played in Benfica a few years ago???

Tell us about the easy way for us to go to Greece and see the game ...

If you guys want to visit another S.C.Braga Webpage i have a blog ... www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com

Regards

Well, you were right about Ronaldo, he used to play in Benfica!  ;)
Concerning the other players that played in Portugal, Koke is our top scorer, last year he made 10 goals and he is our beloved player (he even called himself an ARIS fan!), Ronald Garcia is our class defensive midfielder and Diogo Siston has recently improved his game and gradually plays better.

You asked me about the easy way getting to Thessaloniki. If you check at www.airtickets.gr, you can find out that there are cheap flights from Lisbon to Thessaloniki via Munich or Frankfurt and the prices are very friendly. I made a research: if you depart on December 5th and return on Decmeber 7th, you can spend no more than 263 euros, choosing Swiss (no taxes are included, add approx. 80 euros, I think).
Thessaloniki's airport is called "Macedonia" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makedonia_International_Airport) and it is located about 15 kms away from the town centre and 10-12 from the "Kleanthis Vikelidis" stadium. You can use public bus transportation (rout No78 or route No 78N for night hours) or taxi to get to the town. From the city centre to "Kleanthis Vikelidis" you can take route No10.

Koke played in Sporting, but i think that he just has scored one goal ... Ronald Garcia in a bolivian player right? Ha played in a team called Alverca but he was very young when he played here ... I don`t remember any Diogo Siston?!?!?!? :-\

From Porto to Frankfurt we have really cheap flights ... like 50 euros the 2 filights ...

I`m just not sure about the best company to flight from frankfurt to Tessalonik?!?! ???

I`m living in the same house as a Greek guy and he told me that you have a quite nice team but he his supporter of Panathinaikos! ;)
[url="http://www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com"]http://www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com[/url]

alexbous

Quote from: buna on 11 de October de 2007, 10:14
Quote from: basketaris on 10 de October de 2007, 22:46
It really is!  :) Everybody consider Thessaloniki as one of the most beautiful cities in Greece! The climate is very good, the people are very warm, although very anxious!

You' ll feel at home if visiting Braga  ;D

I have visited Portugal and I can assure I felt being at home, that's true!  :)
ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

alexbous

Quote from: HMAG on 11 de October de 2007, 10:24
I`m living in the same house as a Greek guy and he told me that you have a quite nice team but he his supporter of Panathinaikos! ;)

Ask him if he remembers when was the last time Panathinaikos has beaten ARIS...  :D
ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

Pedro_RBA

Quote from: alexbous on 11 de October de 2007, 10:03
So, is someone of you guys planning to come to Thessaloniki?

I'm planning to go, but until then I have to see if my finantial saves are enough to do that  ;D and if it's possible to have vacations in my work in that week  ;)

Saudações Ultras

Nuno À-Braga

During EURO2004, when Greece won the match that put them in the 1/4 final, Greece came to stay in Braga for about (maybe) a week, to the same place where Spain was before.
If Portugal had came to Braga (and if we had another goalkeeper), maybe we had won the European Championship!

Xispes

I  would  like to go, for what I have seen, you have an excellent city that certainly would adore to know, but I do not know if I can take off vacation in this week. :(

Carvalhinha

Quote from: Nuno À-Braga on 11 de October de 2007, 11:39
During EURO2004, when Greece won the match that put them in the 1/4 final, Greece came to stay in Braga for about (maybe) a week, to the same place where Spain was before.

That is correct, the national team "Greece" has been stayed at a hotel in our city. 
Maybe basketaris has confounded that with the stadium :D

nunnu

nice stadium you have ;) but isn't better as Axa, go ahead scb

Dtg0

Quote from: basketaris on 11 de October de 2007, 00:52
Quote from: Bracaraugustano on 11 de October de 2007, 00:42
Coffee in your city is very expensive. We have it here for 0,50 €. ;)

REALLY???  :'( Oh my God!  :o
OK, in Thessaloniki we have also cheaper coffees, but in NO way the price is so low... I can assure you that, if you want to sit and have a coffee, you won't find it cheaper than 2,5 euros... So, take your measures!  ;)

Maybe that's why they call Thessaloniki "capital of coffee": a lot of cafeterias, a lot of sun, view to the sea and of course, all that comes at a cost: 4 euros!  ;D

The cofffee here is very cheap but is very small too....
Bracaraugustano, there the coffee is bigger then here...

El_Gavion

Basketaris,you forgot to tell us the price of the most basic product for a football fan:BEER!! ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately I will not be able to visit your beautiful city,but after seeing those pictures,I'm anxious to visit it in another time! ;)

Welcome to our forum (both of you ARIS supporters) and I wish that both SC Braga and ARIS can get to the next stage of UEFA cup! ;)
SC BRAGA: QUEM NÃO SENTE,NÃO ENTENDE!!

basketaris

I am really happy that you liked the photos of Thessaloniki! It's really a good opportunity for you to come and visit it. You are going to have a wonderful experience! I hope that many of you will have the chance of coming here! And for those of you that can't, you are welcome any time!

Alexbous, my compatriot, spoke Spanish so well, that even myself couldn't understand him!  :) I speak French and I must say that reading a sentence in Spanish/Portuguese reminds me a lot of French... So, perhaps it's a good opportunity now, to learn your language!  :D

QuoteBasketaris,you forgot to tell us the price of the most basic product for a football fan:BEER!!   

Shame on me for forgetting it!  ;D
If you want to have a bottle of beer (e.g Heineken 0.5 L) in some bar in the centre of Thessaloniki, you should know that you are gonna pay 3.5 ~ 5 euros. That's the average... It's too expensive, even for us! The best solution is to get into a super-market, get yourself a package of 6 beers (0.33 L) and pay only 3.5 euros! That means 0.6 euros for each bottle... Make the comparison and see the difference...  ;)

Generally speaking, for a visitor like you that will stay no more than 2 days, it's worth spending something more, just to feel the experience of the intense night life of Thessaloniki! You won't regret it... But if you don't want to be overcharged, prefer to get your basic products from a supermarket. The prices are much lower...  ;)

Vlad

Fellow greeks, welcome to our litle Braga supporters "backyard" !!
I must say I'm surprised with the friendly way you, Aris supporters, have been chating with us in our forum. Never been to Thessaloniki, but I know Greece quite well, and I can surely say that your "neighbours" from Athens are not as friendly and nice as you seem to be. Not even close... But well, people from Lisbon are also not like us (Braga end the rest of northern Portugal). I mean, we are a lot more warm, friendly and receptive to other poeple and foreigners in general. Probably, it's a disease of people living in the capitals  ;D :P
Once again, welcome to our forum, and wish you good luck to the group stage, except for matchday 4 of course  ;)
BRAGA... um dia ainda te vou ver a campeão!

Nota:desprezo os chamados "grandes"

alexbous

I would like to say that this is the most friendly football fans forum I have ever been! Thank you for your kindness!

alexbous

Vlad

Quote from: alexbous on 11 de October de 2007, 14:21
I would like to say that this is the most friendly football fans forum I have ever been! 

And we're glad and proud you feel this way.
BRAGA... um dia ainda te vou ver a campeão!

Nota:desprezo os chamados "grandes"

Ricardo

Hella!

I think that once you pay 8 euro for a huge delicious meal, gulp down 50 cent coffees and have €1 a beer (Super Bock, much better than foreign crap) in city centre esplanades you won't want to go back to Greece!  ;D
Out of joke, one of my best friends is from Thessaloniki and I have promised her I will visit her. She keeps telling me wonders about it and the food she cooks... It's just great!

Em Braga, Com o Braga, Pelo Braga
www.mesadaciencia.blogspot.com

lininho

Quote from: Ricardo on 11 de October de 2007, 15:48
Out of joke, one of my best friends is from Thessaloniki and I have promised her I will visit her. She keeps telling me wonders about it and the food she cooks... It's just great!

i thougt you were more into "oriental" girls
  ;)
:P

zé: futuro capitão. 8-)

Pé Ligeiro

Quote from: alexbous on 11 de October de 2007, 14:21
I would like to say that this is the most friendly football fans forum I have ever been! Thank you for your kindness!

Thank you for your kindly reference!

BRAGA SEMPRE MAIS!