--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

UEFA CUP - Group stage - english talk

Started by basketaris, 09 de October de 2007, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro_RBA

Yes, Koke played in Sporting and Ronaldo played in Benfica.

Good atmosphere that you have in your stadium. I wich that one day the same happens in Portugal!

Just for your curiosity, that image it's from my Ultra's group (Red Boys), in owr last UEFA game agaisnt Hammarby.

And the final score in owr huge display (the biggest in europe and the second biggest in the world)

Saudações Ultras

mindhunter

aris has a few players that played here before, ronald garcia(ex-alverca), diogo siston(ex-santa clara), koke(ex-sporting), and u should know that they all left without making something positive.
ur last year star(paulo costa) didnt was happy in Portugal too, so i think that maybe our players are better than yours. but in the otherhand ur fans could make some difference. but as obvious i hope we bring a victory from greece! ;)

zebraga1985

Menos internet, mais estádio...

O futebol é no estádio e não no PC

alexbous

Hello guys:

this is our roster: http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235050295

This is the topic we opened about your team: http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235050515

Here you have videos and pics of ARIS: http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14156

Memories from our glorious european games: http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235046439

40 years unbeaten in home matches in all european competitions: http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235049821

Thank you for your warm welcome!
ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

basketaris

Quote from: HMAG on 10 de October de 2007, 08:55
Hi there,

I know Koke, Calvo and Ivic i think ... but isn`t Ronaldo the one that played in Benfica a few years ago???

Tell us about the easy way for us to go to Greece and see the game ...

If you guys want to visit another S.C.Braga Webpage i have a blog ... www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com

Regards

Well, you were right about Ronaldo, he used to play in Benfica!  ;)
Concerning the other players that played in Portugal, Koke is our top scorer, last year he made 10 goals and he is our beloved player (he even called himself an ARIS fan!), Ronald Garcia is our class defensive midfielder and Diogo Siston has recently improved his game and gradually plays better.

You asked me about the easy way getting to Thessaloniki. If you check at www.airtickets.gr, you can find out that there are cheap flights from Lisbon to Thessaloniki via Munich or Frankfurt and the prices are very friendly. I made a research: if you depart on December 5th and return on Decmeber 7th, you can spend no more than 263 euros, choosing Swiss (no taxes are included, add approx. 80 euros, I think).
Thessaloniki's airport is called "Macedonia" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makedonia_International_Airport) and it is located about 15 kms away from the town centre and 10-12 from the "Kleanthis Vikelidis" stadium. You can use public bus transportation (rout No78 or route No 78N for night hours) or taxi to get to the town. From the city centre to "Kleanthis Vikelidis" you can take route No10.

And here are some photos of Thessaloniki, the capital of Macedonia:

The White Tower, symbol of the town

The statue of Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia

Aristotelous Square, the most famous place of the city with a lot of coffee shops and shops

Sights you must see in Thessaloniki:
> Of course, the town centre with a lot of people in the streets, many cafeterias, bars, shops etc
> The remnants of the castle walls in the old town of Thessaloniki (incredible view of the Thermaikos Gulf)
> Kamara & Rotonda
> The Churches of St. Dimitrios and St. Sophia
> Byzantine and Archaelogical Museums
> The remnants of the Ancient Hippodrome...
...and many many other archaelogical sights. Thessaloniki is an "open musem" to explore... And after that, don't forget to drink a coffee next to the sea, with view to the White Tower and the Thermaikos Gulf!

Also, under no circumstances, DON'T MISS THE CHANCE TO TASTE THE FOOD!  ;D Thessaloniki is the CAPITAL of the greek delicious plates, but prepare as the food is more spicy than you think... ;) If you like fish, there are INCREDIBLE fish restaurants, with the traditional drink Ouzo. Also, check out the FAMOUS sweets of Thessaloniki (Trigona, Revani, Baklavas etc) which can be found in the innumerable candy shops and delicatessen stores!

Sights near Thessaloniki
> Vergina, the latest capital of the Ancient Macedonian kingdom, where is found the tomb of King Philippe (father of Alexander), about 70 kms from Thessaloniki
> Ancient Pella, the first capital of the Ancient Macedonia kingdom and birthplace of Alexander, about 50 kms from Thessaloniki
> Petralona, the place where the skeleton of the 1st Man -ever- was found, about 50 kms from Thessaloniki
> Edessa with the unique waterfalls in Greece, about 70 kms from Thessaloniki

That's pretty much what your options are, I hope you find these information useful! Don't hesitate to ask me anything you want to know! ;)

Best regards!  :)

Ana Cunha

I wish I could go to Greece and support my team, but unfortunatelly I can't... It looks like a beautiful city!

Xispes

It seams you have a beautiful city, and your´s life stile it´s very spensive or cheap? and the wheather in December?
Sory for my Inglish.
Best Regards

Dtg0

Quote from: Xispes on 10 de October de 2007, 21:07
It seams you have a beautiful city, and your´s life stile it´s very spensive or cheap? and the wheather in December?
Sory for my Inglish.
Best Regards

It seems that you have a beautiful city, and your life style is it very expensive or cheap? And the weather in December, how is it?
Sorry for my English.
Best regards...

:D

Xispes

Quote from: Dtg0 on 10 de October de 2007, 21:22
Quote from: Xispes on 10 de October de 2007, 21:07
Sory for my Inglish.
Best Regards

It seems that you have a beautiful city, and your life style is it very expensive or cheap? And the weather in December, how is it?
Sorry for my English.
Best regards...

Thank you for the correction ;)

basketaris

Quote from: Ana Cunha on 10 de October de 2007, 19:26
I wish I could go to Greece and support my team, but unfortunatelly I can't... It looks like a beautiful city!

It really is!  :) Everybody consider Thessaloniki as one of the most beautiful cities in Greece! The climate is very good, the people are very warm, although very anxious! Walking in the streets and having innumerable cafeterias/bars available to enjoy your coffee/drink 24 hours a day is a fantastic experience! Whoever among you has the opportunity to come here, he can verify it!  ;) And, of course, what I forgot to mention, is the numerous night clubs/bouzoukia (greek term for live music centres...) that don't close until the first working hours (6 or 7 a.m.), that give you another option for the late hours!

Quote from: Dtg0 on 10 de October de 2007, 21:22
Sorry for my English.
Best regards...

Of course, the life style cost is an important factor for a visitor. In Thessaloniki (and in Greece generally) the euro currency has increased the expenses, indeed. However, there are SO many options in my city that you won't face any problem! You can eat/drink and not spend a lot of money. Of course, it depends on how much money you are able to afford and how much time you will stay...

For example, I give you an average price for some basic products:

1) small water bottle --> 0.50 euros
2) coffee in cafeteria downtown --> 3.00 ~ 4.00 euros
3) bread --> 0.70 euros
4) breakfast (e.g. a cheese pie) --> 1.00 euro
5) 0.33 L refreshments --> 1.00 euro
6) normal meal (per person - a dish of food+salad+beer) --> 10 euros

Concerning the shopping, you should know that Thessaloniki is the second biggest city of Greece, so the average price index is high. You can find either higher or lower prices, of course. There are many places where you can find the famous brands (for clothes, jewelery, accessories etc), but my personal advice is to take your time and check shops in the small streets of the city centre. You will find amazing stuff!

Finally, concerning the weather, you should know that the climate in Greece is mediterranean. That means quite high temperatures in winter and VERY hot weather in Summer. However, the humidity, because of the sea, is very high in Thessaloniki and you certainly need a jacket or a coat at night. During the rest of the day, sometimes you may find yourself wearing a sleaveless T-shirt and not feel cold at all, even in December! Normally, you won't need more than a simple winter shirt. For example, last year on 5 / 6 / 7 December, we had an average of 7 °C / 8 °C / 8 °C  , while the highest temperature reached even the 13 ~ 15 °C .
For detailed data check here: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16622.html

And because I don't want to bore you with words only, here are some additional photos:  :)

And to get an additional idea about ARIS, here's what someone will see when he comes in our basketball temple, home of the Emperor of Greek basketball, the legendary "Alexandreio":

P.S. Nice pics from Braga stadium! It's very pioneering I must say!  :)

Bracaraugustano

Coffee in your city is very expensive. We have it here for 0,50 €. ;)

basketaris

Quote from: Bracaraugustano on 11 de October de 2007, 00:42
Coffee in your city is very expensive. We have it here for 0,50 €. ;)

REALLY???  :'( Oh my God!  :o
OK, in Thessaloniki we have also cheaper coffees, but in NO way the price is so low... I can assure you that, if you want to sit and have a coffee, you won't find it cheaper than 2,5 euros... So, take your measures!  ;)

Maybe that's why they call Thessaloniki "capital of coffee": a lot of cafeterias, a lot of sun, view to the sea and of course, all that comes at a cost: 4 euros!  ;D

Kilo

Bread 70 euro cents??  :o :o :o :o

Here we pay about 11 euro cents! Damn...

basketaris

Wow!!  :o Bread 0,11 euros?
You are driving me crazy! (or maybe I am the one who will drive you crazy... ::))
I wish we had your low prices!
So, after a little comparison, I can tell you with certainty that life style in Greece is very expensive, compared to your life in Portugal...  :'(

By the way, price tickets for away fans vary from 20 to 60 euros, don't expect lower cost. If you come a lot of fans, you will be placed in a certain gate of "Kleanthis Vikelidis" and you will probably pay 20 euros. But, in order to be sure, let's wait a little bit longer...

alexbous

Amigos portugueses, basketaris os da tanta plenitud de informacion, que no tengo casi nada que escribiros! Alguna pregunta mas, pro favor?
ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

Pedro_RBA

Quote from: alexbous on 11 de October de 2007, 09:14
Amigos portugueses, basketaris os da tanta plenitud de informacion, que no tengo casi nada que escribiros! Alguna pregunta mas, pro favor?

;D ;D ;D

Good try but that is Spanish, not Portuguese!  ;)

In Portuguese is something like that:

Amigos portugueses, o basketaris deu-vos tanta informação, que não tenho quase nada para vos escrever! Mais alguma pergunta que queiram fazer, por favor?

;)

Saudações Ultras

alexbous

I know it is Spanish, my friend. Sorry about that, I thought that some of you guys who don't speak English can understand Spanish (as I can also understand Portuguese)...  ;)

Pedro_RBA

Ok, no problem and yes, we can all understand Spanish because it's a very identical language!

Regards

Saudações Ultras

alexbous

So, is someone of you guys planning to come to Thessaloniki?