--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

UEFA CUP - Group stage - english talk

Started by basketaris, 09 de October de 2007, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyBWFC

Greetings from Sunny but very cold Bolton!

Welcome to any Braga (and Aris) fans who choose to come to the Reebok Stadium.
Rightly or wrongly, many Bolton fans feel we have got the very best draw possible.
We feel that we can beat both Braga and Aris at home and get at least a point in Belgrade.
Bayern Munich will be very tough - but we are hoping to take between 3-5000 supporters for that match.
We'll probably take around 500 to Belgrade.

For the home games, Bolton MUST win, but with our season going from bad to worse, we are now bottom of the EPL and have NO manager! Our crowds have dwindled over the last few seasons (2 weeks ago we got 20,000 on against Chelsea, when a few years earlier we had 27,000). For any Braga (or Aris) fans travelling to Bolton - you will be very welcome, but do not expect too much from the stadium. Its a fantastic football arena - but with so many empty seats, the atmosphere will probably be very, very poor. If you do not bring any fans, the atmosphere will be even worse!

I probably don't need to tell you who our main player is - the one you need to stop. Nicolas Anelka WILL eventually leave Bolton for a much bigger club - but whilst he is playing for us, he is scoring goals!

For any of your supporters who are coming to the Reebok Stadium - please don't hesitate to ask for information - we will gladly tell you the places to go.

SmileyBWFC

I read elsewhere that Bayern Munich is the biggest game in our history.
Hmmmm, you could be right..... its certainly more exciting than a trip to Old Trafford or the Emirates Stadium!

Bayern Munich are one of the giants of European football and I challenge any supporter who would not be excited at a trip to the Allianz Arena.

We are very new to European football..... our results below.....

2005/06 - UEFA Cup
Loko Plovdiv (H) W 2-1 (Diouf, Borgetti)
Loko Plovdiv (A) W 2-1 (og, Nolan)
Besiktas (A) D 1-1 (Borgetti)
Zenit St Petersburg (H) W 1-0 (Nolan)
Guimaraes (A) D 1-1 (Vaz Te)
Sevilla (H) D 1-1 (N'Gotty)
Marseilles (H) D 0-0
Marseilles (A) L 1-2 (Stelios)

2007/08 UEFA Cup
FK Rabotnicki (A) D 1-1 (Meite)
FK Rabotnicki (H) W 1-0 (Anelka)

As you can see, all our games have been very, very tight.

Xispes

Quote from: SmileyBWFC on 23 de October de 2007, 09:52
I read elsewhere that Bayern Munich is the biggest game in our history.
Hmmmm, you could be right..... its certainly more exciting than a trip to Old Trafford or the Emirates Stadium!

Bayern Munich are one of the giants of European football and I challenge any supporter who would not be excited at a trip to the Allianz Arena.

We are very new to European football..... our results below.....

2005/06 - UEFA Cup
Loko Plovdiv (H) W 2-1 (Diouf, Borgetti)
Loko Plovdiv (A) W 2-1 (og, Nolan)
Besiktas (A) D 1-1 (Borgetti)
Zenit St Petersburg (H) W 1-0 (Nolan)
Guimaraes (A) D 1-1 (Vaz Te)
Sevilla (H) D 1-1 (N'Gotty)
Marseilles (H) D 0-0
Marseilles (A) L 1-2 (Stelios)

2007/08 UEFA Cup
FK Rabotnicki (A) D 1-1 (Meite)
FK Rabotnicki (H) W 1-0 (Anelka)

As you can see, all our games have been very, very tight.

These are all games disputed by Bolton in the UEFA Cup?

SmileyBWFC

Yes, these are all the games Bolton have competed in European Competition.

We are a very old club that has a long tradition. We have played many, many years in the top division throughout our history. But when European football competition started, Bolton Wanderers had started to drop through the English leagues and we spent many years in the wilderness.

From 1964 until 2001 - we only played 4 seasons in the top division.

During the early 1990s we started to build a better, bigger club. Finally we reached the Premier League in 1995/6 for one season. We also played one season in 1997/8. Eventually, we got back into the Premier League in 2001 and have stayed there since.

We have NEVER won the English League, but have won the FA Cup 4 times (1923, 1926, 1929, 1958).

It is virtually impossible for a club like Bolton Wanderers to get into the Champions League. Only 4 or 5 teams have much chance in England. Therefore, the rest of the clubs fight to get into the UEFA Cup. This is a very exciting opportunity for the supporters. We have visited many of the 90+ grounds in England over and over again. So being able to follow our team in Europe and visit new countries & stadiums is something many of us enjoy immensely.

SmileyBWFC

You can find out more of our history on this website.
http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/page2.html

To give you an idea on how big we once were, check out the stats of our results against other clubs.

http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/page3.html

We have played Manchester United 108 times.
We have won 40, drawn 24 and lost 44*

*Up until 26/12/04, this read W40, D24, L39 - which made us better than Manchester United!!!!  ;D

Ricardo

Quote from: TaddyNowak on 22 de October de 2007, 23:47
Good man - get there early and you'll get plenty of ale bought for you!
I wonder, are there many ex-pats based in the UK who might go?
DAmn! My Bolton "friend", who was going to give me a lift, just chickened out! Argh, I'll see if I can rent a car to go there...
Em Braga, Com o Braga, Pelo Braga
www.mesadaciencia.blogspot.com

Dtg0

Quote from: SmileyBWFC on 23 de October de 2007, 14:13
You can find out more of our history on this website.
http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/page2.html

To give you an idea on how big we once were, check out the stats of our results against other clubs.

http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/page3.html

We have played Manchester United 108 times.
We have won 40, drawn 24 and lost 44*

*Up until 26/12/04, this read W40, D24, L39 - which made us better than Manchester United!!!!  ;D

And which shows that since that you lost every game against them...

Boltoner

Quote from: SmileyBWFC on 23 de October de 2007, 14:07
During the early 1990s we started to build a better,bigger club - THE PHOENIX CLUB

Is that you Peter............. Peter  Kay?

Maria

Welcome to all the Bolton and Aris supporters in the best forum in the world.

Said that i wish Braga at least can get a draw in both matches away. I really hope Bayern and specially the feckin wankers of Red Star get kicked out. I am glad that we will have them again at home and eventually to have the chance of kick their arses off. They are scum.
Like most of us here, is completly impossible for me to go to England. No money, no more holidays left and cant even take sick leave from work cos my boss will be at the match. ;D
So I wish the best of luck to our supporters that will be there. And answering to someone here, we dont really have many ex-pats living in England... maybe a few might turn up at the match though... Ricardo will! (lucky bastard! :-*)
And like we sang after the match against Hearts
"we are red we are white we are feckin dynamite"  :D
GVERREIRA DO MINHO

jaimec

Someone asked if there were many Braga supporters going to Bolton ... I read yesterday, in a local newspaper, that the travel agent that's organizing the trip ( 1000€ a pop ) could only sell 2 ( TWO ) seats ... simply riddiculous .These crooks from  AGENCIA COSMOS are only interested in making money ( all at once i might say ) .

So ... I guess there will only be a handfull of us tomorrow night at Bolton .Hope that doesn''t stop the team from performing at their best ...

Pedro_RBA

Quote from: jaimec on 24 de October de 2007, 11:40
Someone asked if there were many Braga supporters going to Bolton ... I read yesterday, in a local newspaper, that the travel agent that's organizing the trip ( 1000€ a pop ) could only sell 2 ( TWO ) seats ... simply riddiculous .These crooks from  AGENCIA COSMOS are only interested in making money ( all at once i might say ) .

So ... I guess there will only be a handfull of us tomorrow night at Bolton .Hope that doesn''t stop the team from performing at their best ...

Dont' forget the members of the owr 2 firms (Red Boys, Bracara Legion) and the people who prefer instead of that ridiculous price of Agencia Cosmos (1000€) the famous "low vost" trips..

Maybe 30-50 supporters... hope more...

Saudações Ultras

Dtg0

Im not very informed about how many fans Braga will have in Bolton, but only 30-50  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  :'( :'( :'( :'(
I hope that will be more... At least some 100  :-\ :-\

Pedro_RBA

I hope that... But unfortunly I have many doubts about it... :'(

Saudações Ultras

LeonelP

I go!!! Tomorrow I will be there!!! I only have here in Glasgow my scarf and not my shirt. But it will be all right!!!

basketaris

Good luck to Braga for the upcoming game, I hope you can get what you want!  ;)
I'll try to watch the game through Internet, I am very curious also about how Bolton will play, as I didn't see much against Arsenal.

I am glad Bolton fans entered the forum, it's nice to able to talk with opponent fans. What someone said about the cost of those European trips (he mentinoned going to FYROM), is absolutely true! Recently, our prices were announced too and the average cost of travelling to England for 3 days is approx. 750 euros!! While going to Munich is 550... If you consider the fact that we, ARIS fans, support the basketball team, equally passionately, you can realize how difficult it is to go everywhere. However, ARIS fans will manage to travel massively, about 3.000 in England on 29th November and about 7.000 or 8.000 in Germany, where lots of Greeks live there permanently...

Last Sunday, ARIS beat easily its local rival, Paok, 3-1, with 2 goals by Spanish bomber Sergio Koke and 1 goal by -familiar to you- Bolivian Roland Nacho Garcia. Below you can take a small taste of what happened on Sunday, in our stadium Kleanthis Vikelidis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6yd3wWchI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ULvXFzC5vI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXpYwWmev_E

jaimec

Basketaris, are these pics from your last home game against PAOK ?? Man ... what a show !! That's beautyfull ... I'd love to go to a match there ... but judging by the price of flying to Bolton it'll be impossible !

SmileyBWFC

Basketaris - do you seriously expect to bring 3,000 fans to the Reebok Stadium?

If you want to discuss things with Bolton fans about UEFA Cup - visit here..... we still have a number of Macedonian visitors online from our trip to Skopje!

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53

Ricardo

Quote from: SmileyBWFC on 23 de October de 2007, 09:36
Greetings from Sunny but very cold Bolton!

Welcome to any Braga (and Aris) fans who choose to come to the Reebok Stadium.
Rightly or wrongly, many Bolton fans feel we have got the very best draw possible.
We feel that we can beat both Braga and Aris at home and get at least a point in Belgrade.
Bayern Munich will be very tough - but we are hoping to take between 3-5000 supporters for that match.
We'll probably take around 500 to Belgrade.

For the home games, Bolton MUST win, but with our season going from bad to worse, we are now bottom of the EPL and have NO manager! Our crowds have dwindled over the last few seasons (2 weeks ago we got 20,000 on against Chelsea, when a few years earlier we had 27,000). For any Braga (or Aris) fans travelling to Bolton - you will be very welcome, but do not expect too much from the stadium. Its a fantastic football arena - but with so many empty seats, the atmosphere will probably be very, very poor. If you do not bring any fans, the atmosphere will be even worse!

I probably don't need to tell you who our main player is - the one you need to stop. Nicolas Anelka WILL eventually leave Bolton for a much bigger club - but whilst he is playing for us, he is scoring goals!

For any of your supporters who are coming to the Reebok Stadium - please don't hesitate to ask for information - we will gladly tell you the places to go.

So where is the pre match watering hole?

Boltoner

Hmmm,it's a little tricky for away supporters to get in the  pubs around the stadium,for some reason a lot of them are "Home fans only" and ask to see your ticket for the game (to make sure it's in the home end)
Two pubs that do allow away fans are "Barnstormers" and the "Beehive" both within a 10 minute walk of the stadium. Even better, is if you can get out and about early and visit Bolton town centre - try "Weatherspoons" or "The Flying flute" here you will have no problem getting in the pubs, and you can get the train from Bolton to the Reebok (Horwich parkway station) a 15 minute journey . If you meet any Bolton fans they  will be friendly. Have a great time!

Ricardo

Quote from: Boltoner on 24 de October de 2007, 23:06
Hmmm,it's a little tricky for away supporters to get in the  pubs around the stadium,for some reason a lot of them are "Home fans only" and ask to see your ticket for the game (to make sure it's in the home end)
Two pubs that do allow away fans are "Barnstormers" and the "Beehive" both within a 10 minute walk of the stadium. Even better, is if you can get out and about early and visit Bolton town centre - try "Weatherspoons" or "The Flying flute" here you will have no problem getting in the pubs, and you can get the train from Bolton to the Reebok (Horwich parkway station) a 15 minute journey . If you meet any Bolton fans they  will be friendly. Have a great time!
Weatherspoons. Cheap beer, nice chicks. Sounds good to me!