NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

UEFA CUP - Group stage - english talk

Started by basketaris, 09 de October de 2007, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

basketaris

Hello from Thessaloniki, Greece!  :)

I am an ARIS fan and I am very happy my team will play against yours in the UEFA Cup. First of all, you should know that Braga is quite known in Greece, you are among the top 4-5 most famous teams of Portugal! We also used to have a player named Braga in the past!  :)

Let me say some things about my team. ARIS is among the most famous clubs of Greece, with 3 championships and 1 cup. We are mostly known for our numerous fans who support the team always and everywhere! The atmosphere in our stadium "Kleanthis Vikelidis" is going to be very difficult for you, as 20.000 and more ARIS fans will be standing over your players' head, with constant voice and other incredible shows! Here you can have a small idea:

In the previous stage, we eliminated Real Zaragoza and one of their players, Argentinian Diego Milito admitted that he would like to play for ARIS fans! He was totally amazed! If you search in YouTube "ARIS fans" you will find out why... Take a small picture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLIlSZufgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvPD78ZhmQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IA2l_pTDng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gZs9B9cBA

Concerning the team, we have a lot of Spanish players, such as Koke, Javito, Felipe, Calvo, a Portuguese one, Diogo Siston (ex-Brazilian) and some other Brazilians, such as Neto, Marco Aurelio, Ronaldo Guiaro, Anderson Costa. Our coach is Dusan Bajevic, the most successful coach in Greek football with 10 championships!

We will be happy to see you in Thessaloniki and welcome you to our home. It will be an honour to host a team from Portugal in Greece. Besides, we have beaten you twice in Euro 2004 and we like you very much!  :P :)

Nice talking to you!  :)

P.S. If you want to talk to other ARIS fans, please visit http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=15. We will be happy to exchange opinions with you and help each other about our teams!

Olho Vivo

We bid you Aris, Bayern, Bolton and Red Star Belgrade fans a warm welcome to our forum. We look forward to exchanging opinions about our teams with you!

Ana Cunha

NightHawk

Hey basketaris!

Yeah you have a fabulous atmosphere in your stadium, it's a normal thing in Greek and Turkish stadiums. It's gonna be hard for us, but we already played on stadiums with such a great atmosphere like against Red Star in Belgrade where we tied 0-0 there, and also in Tottenham's stadium last year so our players already have experience playing in such places.

But i have to say it's a terrific atmosphere!

Welcome aboard basketaris!

Dtg0

I see that you do not let your players play football without paper...
You have some nice fans there, but if you have nice fans and bad players we win, if you have nice fans and good players we win again :D
I hope that it´s gonna be a great game, and Braga wins of course  :D

Filipe

nice pics...! nice atmosphere..i supose

But we have players with big experience.....and i hope that could be a good think for us..!

We have to get some point in greece...sorry..lol!

Welcome to our forum

basketaris

Thank you for your warm welcome!  :)
I think our group is one of the most interesting groups (not to say the most difficult) in UEFA Cup!
In order to make the beginning let me give you an idea of ARIS squad and how we play:
http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=players

-------------Chalkias--------------
---Papadopoulos----Ronaldo---
-Neto---------------------Aurelio-
-----------Nebegleras------------
-------------Garcia----------------
-----Calvo----Ivic----Felipe------
----------------Koke----------------

So, what is your formation/squad?

Our stadium is known as "Kleanthis Vikelidis" (pre-war legend of our team) or "Charilaou" (area of Thessaloniki, where the stadium is found). It can host 23.000 fans and it is considered to be one of the most football-ish stadiums Greece, as there is no empty space between the field and the stands. Here are some photos:

I remember your stadium from Euro 2004, where our National Team and the Spanish one had a 1:1 tie.  :)

Finally, you should know that in the previous UEFA Cup stage, we eliminated Real Zaragoza 2-2 on aggregate (1-0 home victory and 2-1 loss in Spain). Our goals were made by Papadopoulos in the 5th minute in Thessaloniki and Javito 1-1 in the 62nd minute in Zaragoza. It was one of the most epic qualifications of our modern history and we celebrated it with all our heart!  :)

So, if you want to know anything about ARIS (history, fans, city of Thessaloniki etc), please let me know and I will be glad to inform you!  :)

Kilo

The match you mentioned was in Algarve! Greece never played in Braga!  ;)

basketaris

Quote from: Dtg0 on 09 de October de 2007, 22:24
I see that you do not let your players play football without paper...
You have some nice fans there, but if you have nice fans and bad players we win, if you have nice fans and good players we win again :D
I hope that it´s gonna be a great game, and Braga wins of course  :D

Quote from: Filipe on 09 de October de 2007, 22:30
nice pics...! nice atmosphere..i supose

But we have players with big experience.....and i hope that could be a good think for us..!

We have to get some point in greece...sorry..lol!

Welcome to our forum

Throwing papers before the kick-off is a typical ARIS fans trademark and it looks like a lot of Argentinian stadiums!
I share your opinion about nice fans/good players ( :)), but I have to say that we have great fans and great players!  :P
So, it's gonna be tough for you! May the best one win!  :)

Carvalhinha

Hello basketaris

It's a great pleasure to have someone from Greece here in our forum.
Many thanks for all the information about your team. All these things were unknown for me.

I'm sorry to complain, but I hope that SC Braga win in your country ;D

NightHawk

Baskatari, Nope, that match was in Oporto, played in Bessa (Boavista's Stadium).

Our stadium is a piece of art! 30.000 seats, has only 2 stands, on the sides of the pitch, liked by steel cables in the top, with a beautiful landscape behind one goal and a rock mountain behind the other.

We are playing our last games with the following squad:

Dani
João Pereira ---- Paulo Jorge(cap) ---  Frechaut ---- Cesar Peixoto
                                     Andres Madrid
                       Vandinho
                                                         Jorginho
       Hussain                                                               Wender
                                            Linz

But we have some key players injured.

The normal team might be:

Paulo Santos
João Pereira      Paulo Jorge(cap)     Rodriguez       Cesar Peixoto
                                         Andres Madrid
                       Vandinho
                                                         João Pinto
         Jorginho                                                                 Hussain 
                                          Linz (or João Tomás)

But our coach changes the offensive players quite often so we don't have a fixed 11

basketaris

Quote from: Kilo on 09 de October de 2007, 22:45
The match you mentioned was in Algarve! Greece never played in Braga!  ;)

Really?  ??? Sorry! I mixed up the stadiums!  :-\

Olho Vivo

Quote from: basketaris on 09 de October de 2007, 22:53
The match you mentioned was in Algarve! Greece never played in Braga!  ;)

Really?  ??? Sorry! I mixed up the stadiums!  :-\

Quote from: NightHawk on 09 de October de 2007, 22:53
Baskatari, Nope, that match was in Oporto, played in Bessa (Boavista's Stadium).

NightHawk is right, that match was played in Bessa stadium (Boavista homeground).

Kilo

Quote from: basketaris on 09 de October de 2007, 22:53
The match you mentioned was in Algarve! Greece never played in Braga!  ;)

Really?  ??? Sorry! I mixed up the stadiums!  :-\

Hmmm, maybe not in Algarve, after a second thought, but certainly not in Braga  ;D!

* Well, my fellow mates have the answer! Bessa Stadium it was!  ;D

Braguinha

Os gregos, e o seu fanatismo...

[disfarça] YOU HAVE A GREAT FANS...[/disfarça]  ::) ::)

alexbous

Hello friends,

I am an ARIS fan and glad that we are going to face in the group stage of UEFA cup historical europeans teams like Braga.

I was interested to know what do you guys know about ARIS and Thessaloniki.

I also would like to let you know that you are very welcome to our city for the game between our teams. If someone of you plans to travel to Thessaloniki he should know that we will do our best to make him feel like being at home.

As basketaris already wrote you, you could visit also our forum http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=15 in order to exchange info with other ARIS fans.

ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

HMAG

Hi there,

Quote from: basketaris on 09 de October de 2007, 22:43

-------------Chalkias--------------
---Papadopoulos----Ronaldo---
-Neto---------------------Aurelio-
-----------Nebegleras------------
-------------Garcia----------------
-----Calvo----Ivic----Felipe------
----------------Koke----------------

I know Koke, Calvo and Ivic i think ... but isn`t Ronaldo the one that played in Benfica a few years ago???

Tell us about the easy way for us to go to Greece and see the game ...

If you guys want to visit another S.C.Braga Webpage i have a blog ... www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com

Regards
[url="http://www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com"]http://www.braga-sempre.blogspot.com[/url]

Quote from: alexbous on 10 de October de 2007, 08:36
Hello friends,

I am an ARIS fan and glad that we are going to face in the group stage of UEFA cup historical europeans teams like Braga.

I was interested to know what do you guys know about ARIS and Thessaloniki.

I also would like to let you know that you are very welcome to our city for the game between our teams. If someone of you plans to travel to Thessaloniki he should know that we will do our best to make him feel like being at home.

As basketaris already wrote you, you could visit also our forum http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=15 in order to exchange info with other ARIS fans.

Welcome to superbraga.com,

I'm really happy to know that our team is known in countries like Greece and our website too!!

Personally I don't know Airis but I staid amazed with your pictures.... God you really vibrate in a match!

Unfortunately, you won Euro 2004 so this is our time to 'win' so, with a little bid of 'revenge powder', we have to won the match against you ;)

Eheheheheh

Please tell us more about your football and about SCBraga's reputation in Greece..

Regards

Bracaraugustano

Koke isn't the one that played in Sporting a few years ago? He played not much games and then he left the club.