NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

Stuart Holden

Started by LowerzBWFC, 19 de January de 2010, 09:31

Previous topic - Next topic

LowerzBWFC

Hello all,

I am not sure if this has been reported in the Portugese media but I thought I would let you know.

"Wanderers Reject Holden - Tuesday 19th January 2010
Related Links
Houston Dynamos
SC Braga

Top Stories
Wanderers Reject Holden

Owen Coyle has turned down the opportunity to sign midfielder Stuart Holden after a trial at Bolton.

The 24-year-old is a free agent after leaving the Houston Dynamos last month and had previously spent time at Burnley prior to Coyle's switch to the Reebok Stadium.

It is understood that Holden had impressed during his spell at the club, but Coyle has opted not to sign the former Sunderland youngster.

Reports on Tuesday suggest he is now set to sign a deal with Portuguese side SC Braga, who Wanderers played in the UEFA Cup in October 2007."

Have any of you heard about this? He looks like a good player, i'm disappointed that Bolton haven't signed him, but hopefully I will get to see him in a Braga shirt now :)

Pedro_RBA

I never heard about this player.. And honestly, I also don't know who he is...

What do you thing about him? It's a good player?

Saudações Ultras

LowerzBWFC

To be honest, I didn't know much about him, but one of the other forums is use (A Bolton one) has a few users from Texas, which is where he has been playing his football. They said that he is one of the best players in the MLS and technically very good, but that he may struggle with the fast pace of the Premier League.

Stuart Holden Goal Compilation

A few of his goals are here on this video. I think he would be a good signing for Braga, but I don't think he would be a guaranteed starting player the way the team are playing right now  ;D

He won't come to Braga since we can only sign 5 new players in january.

João Pedro Sá

Quote from: 1 on 19 de January de 2010, 14:34
I won't come to Braga since we can only sign 5 new players in january.

yes it's true!!

Maria

Did we sign all the players already? Maybe they will consider something else... he is a midfielder... and if things goes nasty maybe we will need him.

Paul, Benfica is complaining in the league that 2 of our best players punched the 2nd manager of Benfica in Braga stadium tunnel. And unfortunatly we know that everything is "ready" to give Benfica the championship. Even if they play dirty as they are. Fuckers.
GVERREIRA DO MINHO

Afonso Matos

Maria, (no one hear us) I would say more: Fucking suckers!!!

LowerzBWFC

Was that why 2 players were sent off at half time then?

Karl

Quote from: Afonso Matos on 19 de January de 2010, 23:10
Maria, (no one hear us) I would say more: Fucking suckers!!!

That we'll never know.... WE did did see a Braga player slapping a Benfica player.... WE did see a Benfica player kick a braga player in the head while he was on the ground... We did read in the newspaper that a Braga official made a complaint about the Benfica President Luis Filipe Viera and Managing Director Rui Costa makign a death threat to him when we play the return leg in Lisbon.... We also heard the stewards/security were accused of attackign a player. We did see Di Maria spitting int he direction of the Braga Bench and then kicking the ball at them(thats why tere was a problem at half time.. It happened when the ref blew up for half time)ANd ths week we heard about them tring to get Vandinho banned for the rest of the season for allegedly attackign someone in the tunnel... Bulshit Benfica tactics.... They've had about 12 players sent off against them this year(two this weekend) and about 10 penalties(1 this weeknd) and they are still second....

With regard to Holden.. I heard he had a great season in Houston.. got into the USA national team and is onyl 24... played in 29 of Houstons 33 games last season so he's got to be worth a try.. Maybe after the World Cup he'll be woth a few bob extra and Braga will sell him on...

With regards to five signings... I'm not sure if the 2 on loan players count as signings....

LowerzBWFC

So what is the rule regarding five signings, is this something the league have put in place?

4GIVME

i think it's 5 singings because we can only register 5 more players for the league. Pretty sure we have like a 30 player limit or something.

Pedro_RBA

The only solution I see, and if Braga is realy interested on this player, it's to come to Braga by loan and then, at the end of the season / begining of the new season see if he is enough good to play in our team.

In fact, I never had eard about the "rule" of maximum 5 new players on winter until this year. Do you ever eard something like this in England / Ireland?

Saudações Ultras

JR1287

Este regra das 5 inscrições em Janeiro já existe pelo menos desde o ano passado - e penso que é em todos os países da UEFA - , conjugada com outra que apenas permite 27 jogadores inscritos em simultâneo. Por exemplo, o benf está à espera de dispensar alguma jogador para poder inscrever os novos jogadores, pois já tem, actualmente, 27 jogadores no plantel.
Por exemplo, lembro-me de, no ano passado, o setúbal ter 7 jogadores à experiência em Janeiro, e só pôde inscrever 5.
Nós não conhecemos esta regra, porque nunca precisámos de inscrever tantos jogadores em Janeiro, costumam ser sempre só 2 ou 3.