--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

Jermaine Beckford

Started by LowerzBWFC, 23 de October de 2009, 09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

LowerzBWFC

Leeds striker is transfer target for Portugese side Sporting Braga - Source; Daily Mirror

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Leeds-striker-is-transfer-target-for-Portugese-side-Sporting-Braga-article197737.html#

Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford is a shock target for Portugese side Sporting Braga.

Beckford, 25, has stalled on signing a new deal and his current contract expires next summer which has alerted the Portugese League's early pace-setters.

Bolton have also been interested but Beckford would be able to sign a pre-contract with a foreign club from January 1.

Beckford currently plays in the third tier of English football with Leeds Utd, but is certainly capable of playing at a higher level, as his goalscoring record proves. He has attracted interest from the premiership, but may be tempted to Braga in January. He is a good finisher but his first touch can be poor, and he can be quite lazy during matches when things do not go his way. However, I think he would score a lot of goals in Portugal with good service from Viana, Mossoro etc.

Would you be happy to take a chance on him in January?

Ricardo

it all depends on the dosh mate...
Em Braga, Com o Braga, Pelo Braga
www.mesadaciencia.blogspot.com

LowerzBWFC

He would be available on a free transfer if signed in January, however, he would not be able to join until the summer.

jaimec

Although Meyong will probably be absent for this year's CAN with his Cameroon team, I think that the chance of that happening is quite low because :

- We don't have the money to compete in international transfer markets, especially against english teams ... and the players are all about the money !

- PAULO CÉSAR can perform as a striker as well.

- We have YAZALDE, a real promisse, a truckload of potential, a young Portuguese International that only needs a chance to expode . Just wait and see.

- ADRIANO is bound to start scoring, I believe he has still got it !

The only reason I can think of, for this player wich I never heard about, wanting to come here, is the possibility of playing next year Champions League .  ;)  Fingers crossed!

Karl

The lure of Champions league is a big big temptation. If we are stll tere in January it could temp him although factors such as wages will always be a stumbling block. Braga's limit could sretch to 30 or 40 grand a month but I really doubt that would tempt him.

krugger

Quote from: Karl on 23 de October de 2009, 10:57
The lure of Champions league is a big big temptation. If we are stll tere in January it could temp him although factors such as wages will always be a stumbling block. Braga's limit could sretch to 30 or 40 grand a month but I really doubt that would tempt him.

I doubt that we can stretch our wages level up to 30 or 40 grand a month, even if we could that wouldn´t be enough, i really don´t believe that there is any truth in this news, just rubish nothing else, although the player seems to be very good i think we don´t stand a chance to sign him up, but you never know.....