--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

Organisational Ideas - No.1 - Director/Members Working Group

Started by Karl, 09 de September de 2009, 08:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl

A Group set up of 1 or 2 directors plus 5 or 6 public members(both male and female of various age groups) of the club to discuss, once a month, club issues that affect the members, discuss ideas that the members have(megastore/cafe/sede), discuss new initiatives that could be implemented, discuss ways to increase membership, stratagies and long term goals to improve the clubs community relations, discuss problems that the clubs members encounter on a daily basis. Mainly, to provide more clarity for the clubs membership and to show the fans that we all have a voice and are willing to show our dedication to the club.

Pedro_RBA

By members you mean "sócios" right? So how these members should be choosen?

Saudações Ultras

andre_carneiro

I suggested once that we could organize kind of a seminar or a public meeting with the Braga's directors to discuss everything about braga...
At that time I was focussed on the stadium and its problems.
[url="http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php"]http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php[/url]

Karl

Yes. Socios being members. The way the people could be chosen could be by various methods. They could be proposed by other members. Or by writing to the club, or through a public meeting, or simply by creating a group of members who would propose the idea of a working group to the directors. All they could do would be to refuse and if they did then we would know that they don't care for our opinion. This is practice that is most organisations outside Portugal use to create growth and also to create a closer relationship with the community that supports them.

Pedro_RBA

Yes but the seminar/public meeting already exist. The general meetings are for that propose.
What I think that would be interesting is a monthly meeting, like Karl said, only with 5 or 6 people that realy want to say anything.

As an example, Associação Braguista could collect some ideas that they think usefull for SCB, and propose them montly in a meeting to SCB directors.

Saudações Ultras

Karl

Andre.. It's exactly to discuss these problem but it needs to be broader(wider) in the scope or depth of discussion. It has to be a group that would mainly be beneficial to the club but also a group that could openly discuss problems that the club members have. The club have suggested a liason manager that will be part of the new website but this does not reach the ideals of one to one or person to person contact that I Suggest. I think if the club wants to community to feel part of it's growth it has to there has to be a public face. This idea of clarity is in reality something that the club lacks and every club which has sustained growth has a public representative to meet to members and to be at their disposal when required.

Karl

Pedro the Annual General meeting is generally for most directors something that they wish didn't happen. Any members who wish to speak are given a limited amount of time and in reality it is not a public forum to discuss problems. Everybody who speaks has their speeches vetted(checked) and it's a way of keeping unwanted attention at bay. I think the AB is a way but it is not the proper channel as AB is also a card membership club and is not an open forum if you are not a member. The grounds and basis of AB are excellent but as I am a member of SC Braga and not AB it does not allow me to actively participate. But it is a start. Every avenue should be explored.

Pedro_RBA

Quote from: Karl on 09 de September de 2009, 09:48
Pedro the Annual General meeting is generally for most directors something that they wish didn't happen. Any members who wish to speak are given a limited amount of time and in reality it is not a public forum to discuss problems. Everybody who speaks has their speeches vetted(checked) and it's a way of keeping unwanted attention at bay. I think the AB is a way but it is not the proper channel as AB is also a card membership club and is not an open forum if you are not a member. The grounds and basis of AB are excellent but as I am a member of SC Braga and not AB it does not allow me to actively participate. But it is a start. Every avenue should be explored.

Agree. But I think AB it's a way to start. They have members here in SuperBraga that can easily catch some good ideas and present them to SCB. Yes, it´s true that it doesn't allow you to actively participate and meet face to face the SCB directors but I think it´s a easier way to SCB "open the doors" to the fans.

Saudações Ultras

Karl

Pedro. Agreed. Maybe an open meeting publicised by AB open to the public with the purpose to create a public group or to gather information in order to set up an initial working group that would approach the club with the idea to set up a smaller group that would interact through a meeting with one or more club officials once a month.

Pedro_RBA

jaimec

I know this has nothing to do with this subject but, how about a once-a-year kind of seminar or conference, in a proper facility (maybe in UMinho, Gualtar), where we invite, for example, a former president, a former player and a former manager ... and we could hear some supportes also, old and new, and even maybe the competition ( aside the 3 tosser clubs ) ... followed by a good red & "cod fish cookies"  ;D and a presentation of a selected game from the past ... man, that'd be sweet !
But your idea is also cool Karl ... I just think that to be possible, there has to be a very special director, that thinked alike us. Which I doubt there is ... unfotunately.

Karl

That's an absolutely fantastic idea. Send me an email to karlbragaceltic@hotmail.com because i don't have access to my private messages here. We can discuss it more through emails and when we come up with the basics of the idea we can post it on the forum.