--------------------------------------------------------
NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

Death of a club...

Started by Karl, 07 de September de 2009, 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl

The life of a club lives and dies with its supporters. If there are no supporters the club ends up like alverca, estrella, leiria, and many others who have absolutely no chance of expansion or progression and a major possibility of closure. I think it's comical coming here to the forum and people wanting 'sede social's' 'saying goodbye to ex players and giving congratulations to good servants of the club when the basic functions of the club fail to work. A club shop that is a joke with no current season jersey's, no method of communicating with the club, a club website that has never properly functioned and due to the clubs lack of vision is losing the club large amounts of money and possibly supporters, no long term plans to improve the club off the field. They may be leading the league and do very well with transfers but they are incredibly inept at just about everything else. What suprises me more is the lack of messages from long term members of this forum and also the lack of condemnation of SC BRAGA on the main page of superbraga. Surely as the unofficial site of the club it is in our best interests to make it public or do some members or even moderaters have aspirations to be part of the elite and shady direction of the club and don't want to publicly condemn the amateurism of our club. There obviously are people who know the reasons behind the catastrophies happening in our club but this lack of clarity is not limited to our club but also to superbraga. I do not wish to offend any moderators or members of the forum but i think it's time superbraga made an official stance on our front page about the massive failures of our club and the disrespect the club has for it's members. I hope that all moderators read this and i look forward to your replies. Karl

andre_carneiro

Your right Karl, but for years we have been discussing what is wrong with this club and some of the things were definitely, others were only temporarily and some were never resolved.

A few months ago I sent an email to the SAD complaining about everything... trully, I've been gathering complaints for months and even years and finally I decided to write the email... what was solved from all the things? I guess nothing...

I believe that every week not to say every day they get one or more emails, letters or direct complaints about how they treat the fans. What do we usually get in return?
And then they are surprised to see only half-full stadium on a UEFA Cup game...
[url="http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php"]http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php[/url]

Karl

Thanks for the reply... Although SuperBRAGA has supported the club always, it's time SuperBRAGA stood up and listened to the complaints and take an official stance. As a group we have far more ability to make a change and possibly use this bad publicity that would end up in the national newspapers as a starting point for to improve our club. Somehow i feel Superbraga may fail as there are many different ways to view this opinion and i Think the superbraga will inevitably come out with a similar reply to what we recieve from the club and from the public service networks... "your comments have been taken under consideration..... " but we'll see no change. Do the members of the superbraga forum actually have a say? We will see..

Karl

Andre Did they respond to your email?

jaimec

I´m sorry Karl but I can't agree that superbraga.com should "start a fight", based on the principle that we are supporters, not the oposition !
We as individuals should be able to do it. I don't see a problem if we do it through superbraga, at the forum for instance, and we too have the right to assembly and act as a group and use inteligent actions to pursue our goals ... outside superbraga .
Don't get me wrong, I agree that things must change in many areas, and our management is much to blame in this matter .A total disaster in some cases ...
If you argued that the website could, in a diplomatic way ( by this I don't mean it should be made in private or without being a public act ) highlight the number of complaints and publicising it, then I would agree to superbraga's involvement ... but you know me, I don't have anything to do with the site itself, I'm a long-time user, and a Braguista, that's just my opinion .

Cheers mate

andre_carneiro

Quote from: Karl on 07 de September de 2009, 18:32
Andre Did they respond to your email?

Yup... one of those "Thank you for your email. blablabla" which means "We didn't read your mail and we've deleted it"

Well I think that the maximum the creators and moderators of the SuperBraga can do is try to gather all the ideas and send an "official" mail to the club. Maybe open a petition or something... but definitely not open a dispute with the direction!
[url="http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php"]http://forum.bracarae-avgvste.com/index.php[/url]

Karl

Maybe I words were too strong. But I also believe the main page should also be a representation of its members. Maybe something less problematic. Maybe a set of proposals highlighting where improvements could be made. Change only comes through pressure and I totally agree it would be detrimental to the site's goals. However as a supporter of the main official site I Think we should be a little bit more proactive. Is it not strange that many of the well known names in the forum fail to criticise the absolute and possibly catastrophic failures of our great club. The many ideas proposed by members seem to be ignored and this is due to the lack of clarity of directors duties, lack of long term plans, unrealistic short term plans to improve club membership, the clubs lack of vision and most importantly and a major fault of the club... A lack of communication lines between the club and the people who pay their wages.

cavungi

Quote from: Contemporaneos link=topic=11737.msg195728#msg195728
anyfiufaininauei... yea!

Baldinotti

Hi Karl,how are you my friend? long time no see :(

For sure i agree with you despite some strong words.But i guess i understood what you really wanted to say...we must start to "pressure" SAD cause we are the supporters and many times we can identify the problems or the improvements that people wants and supporters in principal. Cause we go to games,we talk to other people, we listen and we propose something even in chats with our chair neighbor in the stadium. We don't pass our time in stadium offices, doing god knows what(cause they don't reply to emails and we have the worst website..it's a shame for all of us)this is only 2 examples...For sure that i agree that we should be the "click" that is missing to give this club a new impulse,we are the supporters,we pay tickets and we go to where the club goes and sometimes we make some financial efforts just to be where we are needed...supporting the club everywhere anytime!!!! Im my opinion this gives us the right at least to be heard...
All together we are stronger ,and we are not a few members where,we always discuss whats the best for the club despite different opinions but i believe that we can give a positive contribute to our development ...maybe it's time to start a "battle" in order to improve the club and aproximate the club from is true owners since ever... the supporters!

Karl

Together we will grow. Divided we will fall. An open forum has to be created through a working group of both officials from the club and members of the club. This can not be done through the Annual General Meeting as often the people are given very little time to speak and responses and very short and generally don't meet our requirements. Where do we go to create this working group to improve our great club? As there are very few lines of communication it's a difficult prospect that has to be planned properly with goal orientated projects to be implemented. The current short term projects are difficult to complete with precision due to the directors being appointed every 3 years. Those who have long term goals will rarely be around when the goals are completed but if we are ever to become a huge club we have to think long term. If the fans are clear that the club has long term goals then they should be more patient. Rome wasn't built in a day but then Rome was planned properly and there were no short term plans. To build something great we need a proper plan. There are some great ideas here on the forum. If they had a little bit of thought they would be brilliant ideas.

jaimec

Quote from: Karl on 07 de September de 2009, 19:58
Together we will grow. Divided we will fall. An open forum has to be created through a working group of both officials from the club and members of the club. This can not be done through the Annual General Meeting as often the people are given very little time to speak and responses and very short and generally don't meet our requirements. Where do we go to create this working group to improve our great club? As there are very few lines of communication it's a difficult prospect that has to be planned properly with goal orientated projects to be implemented. The current short term projects are difficult to complete with precision due to the directors being appointed every 3 years. Those who have long term goals will rarely be around when the goals are completed but if we are ever to become a huge club we have to think long term. If the fans are clear that the club has long term goals then they should be more patient. Rome wasn't built in a day but then Rome was planned properly and there were no short term plans. To build something great we need a proper plan. There are some great ideas here on the forum. If they had a little bit of thought they would be brilliant ideas.

Now we're talkin' !Couldn't agree more .

Pedro_RBA

Quote from: Karl on 07 de September de 2009, 19:58

Excellent! Congratulations Karl.

Saudações Ultras

4GIVME

The thing i found most disgusting was that when i was in braga in may/june i would shop around looking to buy merchindise but yet all i could find was stuff for the big 3. Surely as a growing and performing club you would expect local stores to show there support and sell braga stuff but no. It's all benfica,sporting and porto. Truely made me sick.