NOVO FÓRUM SUPERBRAGA.COM 2024
Faz um novo registo em https://www.superbraga.com/

Main Menu

UEFA CUP - Group stage - english talk

Started by basketaris, 09 de October de 2007, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: basketaris on 16 de October de 2007, 16:18
Then, we definitely look alike!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Here in Greece, we call the refs "crows", because of their fatal "claws", with which they slaughter our teams!  ;D

As for what Bolton fans say, don't worry, it's for the best! In Zaragoza forum, where I used to talk, they were giving us almost zero possibilities to go through... But here we are!!  ;)

As someone said, we will have greater chances to surprise them! ARIS, Braga and Bayern to the next round!  ;)

I agree with you. I spent my holidays this summer in Greece (I didn't go to Thessaloniki maybe next time  :-\ or when Braga plays there ) and I liked your country, our mentality is in many things the same (for the good and the bad).

I hope that Braga and Aris could go throug the next round.
And what I desire most is to win against Red Star because last time we played they were "assholes" (sorry but I can't find an less offensive word to descrive them).

Good luck to all your other games   ;D

Xispes

As someone said, we will have greater chances to surprise them! ARIS, Braga and Bayern to the next round!  ;)

I wish so ;D ;D

NightHawk

Quote from: Karl on 16 de October de 2007, 11:40
Bolton fans on one of their forum are only preoccupied with Bayern as it is the biggest match in their history. Braga and Aris are the teams they think will finish in 4th and 5th places. They rate Red Star Belgrade as the second best team in the group????? How they can do this I dont know.... I think 2nd and 3rd place will be between Aris, Bolton and Braga with Red Star getting knocked out in the last game here in Braga..... Justice... They didnt deserve to beat us the last time and this time we'll put them out.

Well...in the end they are the other European Champions of the group...historically they ARE the 2nd best team of the group by FAR. Of course, in terms of team value they are at our level at this moment or even at a lower level...we didn't beat them 2 years ago after the biggest football massacre ever...we failed at least 10 goal opportunities, with our goalkeeper making throw-ins on their side of the field.
Back then they had Stojkovic, Purovic and Zigic, so I think now they are weaker then us, but...then again, they are still historically big and that's what Bolton fans know about them.

unabomber

I m studying with some greeks away from Portugal. Without any doubt the greeks are very similar to us! Of course I hope that braga can pass but it s gonna be hard...

Good luck for braga and the greeks!

unabomber

Quote from: NightHawk on 14 de October de 2007, 16:09
isto é k é dominio! é internacionalização a todos os níveis! ingles, alemão e até grego!!! só falta um forista bracarense a falar sérvio! eheheh

Welcome Bayern Fans!

Pah arranjas um a falar checo... ( ou pelo menos a tentar)

alexbous

Quote from: Xispes on 16 de October de 2007, 20:57

I wish so ;D ;D

I would say ARIS and Braga to go to the next round and I don't care for the rest! I really do wish that you Portuguese brothers will do your best by winning as many matches as possible, except from the match in Thessaloniki  ;)
ARIS 40 ANOS INVICTO EN CASA EN PARTIDOS OFICIALES EN TODAS LAS COMPETICIONES EU

TaddyNowak

Greetings from Bolton!
Looking forward to the game - yes it's true that most attention is being paid by Bolton fans to the trips to Munich, for fairly obvious reasons.  But most people also realise that the home games will be crucial and certainly wont underestimate you lot.
Out of interest, are many Braga fans likely to travel to the game at Bolton?
Cheers

jaimec

Quote from: TaddyNowak on 22 de October de 2007, 10:01
Greetings from Bolton!
Looking forward to the game - yes it's true that most attention is being paid by Bolton fans to the trips to Munich, for fairly obvious reasons.  But most people also realise that the home games will be crucial and certainly wont underestimate you lot.
Cheers

I don't think that many of us will be travelling to Bolton on Thursday !! Only a bunch of crazy supporters, and the VIP's that travel with the team ... Haven't you heard ? Mr Socrates, our PM is sticking it to us all ! There's a lot of unemployment and our wages can't be compared to the English standard ... do you know that the minimum wage in Portugal is 400 € ? ... the travel agent that promotes the flight charges 1000€, so ... unfortunately we're stuck here .But you lot are always welcome to come to Braga ... whenever you have a 3/4 day holiday, you can visit our friendly city and i bet you won't be disappointed .Cheers .

Boltoner

Hello from another BOLTON FAN ;)
We are not in a position to underestimate ANYONE as our current league position will testify :-\
The reason Bolton fans are pre occupied with Bayern and Red Star, is simply because these are the places we will be travelling to.
We know all about your area of Portugal from when we visited Guimaraes (soory to mention them!) 2 years ago, we found it a very beautiful area, and the people were friendly and helpful looked after us very well, i must say that Super Bock is amongst the best beers in the world ;D
Anyone from Aris and Braga planning on visiting Bolton at the Reebok stadium, will find the Bolton fans to be the most friendly fans in the English Premiership.
Feel free to visit this website for any info/football chat (click on the Europe section), but be warned - the humour is very "unusual" and you may get teased a little at first ;)
http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53

sol

Quote from: Boltoner on 22 de October de 2007, 11:59
We are not in a position to underestimate ANYONE as our current league position will testify :-\
The reason Bolton fans are pre occupied with Bayern and Red Star, is simply because these are the places we will be travelling to.
We know all about your area of Portugal from when we visited Guimaraes (soory to mention them!) 2 years ago, we found it a very beautiful area, and the people were friendly and helpful looked after us very well, i must say that Super Bock is amongst the best beers in the world ;D
Anyone from Aris and Braga planning on visiting Bolton at the Reebok stadium, will find the Bolton fans to be the most friendly fans in the English Premiership.
Feel free to visit this website for any info/football chat (click on the Europe section), but be warned - the humour is very "unusual" and you may get teased a little at first ;)

Let me start the teasing, if i may. I bet that on the 25th all you Wanderers will "wander" "how was it possible for us to loose in our very one stadium? This guys are better then Bayern, for F*** sake"

All along and all the way with my Magical Braga!

Boltoner

Hmmm, OK fair enough ;) Although Bolton are doing badly in the English Premiership,They will be VERY difficult to beat at the Reebok Stadium.

sol

Quote from: Boltoner on 22 de October de 2007, 12:12
Hmmm, OK fair enough ;) Although Bolton are doing badly in the English Premiership,They will be VERY difficult to beat at the Reebok Stadium.

We all have to wait and see. Never the less i strongly believe that, if our players have the right actitude, you're no match for us at this stage. Still, i wish Bolton and Bolton's fans all the best, hoping that Braga, Aris and you guys get qualified, sending Bayern and Red Star to the place where they belong: out of the UEFA Cup! ;D

All along and all the way with my Magical Braga!

Boltoner

Although we are happy to be visiting Bayern Munich, we also wish we were visiting the beautiful cities of Braga and Thessaloniki. Information we have received from Red Star "fans" make it very clear that no-one will be welcome in their city, and  are very likely be attacked.For this reason alone, i hope that Red Star are eliminated from this group.

carlosBWFC

Quote from: jaimec on 22 de October de 2007, 10:14
Greetings from Bolton!
Cheers

I don't think that many of us will be travelling to Bolton on Thursday !! Only a bunch of crazy supporters, and the VIP's that travel with the team ... Haven't you heard ? Mr Socrates, our PM is sticking it to us all ! There's a lot of unemployment and our wages can't be compared to the English standard ... do you know that the minimum wage in Portugal is 400 € ? ... the travel agent that promotes the flight charges 1000€, so ... unfortunately we're stuck here .But you lot are always welcome to come to Braga ... whenever you have a 3/4 day holiday, you can visit our friendly city and i bet you won't be disappointed .Cheers .

Sorry but this is nonsense, you can fly on Ryanair from Porto Tuesday night into Liverpool fly back on Saturday for 136.42 EUR. There is a coach to Manchester costing under 10 Euro and then the train to Bolton is about 3 Euro. You just need a cheap hotel for 4 night, no problem!
Vitória Sempre

jaimec

Quote from: carlosBWFC on 22 de October de 2007, 12:55
Quote from: jaimec on 22 de October de 2007, 10:14
Greetings from Bolton!
Cheers

Sorry but this is nonsense, you can fly on Ryanair from Porto Tuesday night into Liverpool fly back on Saturday for 136.42 EUR. There is a coach to Manchester costing under 10 Euro and then the train to Bolton is about 3 Euro. You just need a cheap hotel for 4 night, no problem!

Did you read what i wrote ?? the minimum wage in Portugal is 400 €  !! Do you understand that ? And sure, everybody can skip 3 work days ... my boss would probably blow me and give me a raise ... right !

Nuno À-Braga

I erased the message I wrote before, after being politely asked for by a Forum Manager. The idea remains, but like Pedro Ribeiro told me, the best way to delete from memory and from view bad comments is to not give them replies.

"Braga isn't big... It's ENORMOUS!"

Olho Vivo

The fact is that our average standard of living can't be compared to yours. It is true that there are some cheaper options than the one jaimec was talking about. But even for people who could afford  those cheaper alternatives, they would need at least three days off. That is a bit difficult to manage for most working people.
So I am afraid not may of us will be coming to Bolton...

carlosBWFC

Quote from: Pedro Ribeiro on 22 de October de 2007, 17:30

The fact is that our average standard of living can't be compared to yours. It is true that there are some cheaper options than the one jaimec was talking about. But even for people who could afford  those cheaper alternatives, they would need at least three days off. That is a bit difficult to manage for most working people.
So I am afraid not may of us will be coming to Bolton...

I am reasonably familiar with Portugal and accept that, although I haven't visited this year and have never been to Braga (yet). Bolton isn't a wealthy place either for the record (and alcohol costs more).

Getting to Macedonia for our first round game involved flying to Prague then to Bulgaria and a six hour coach journey to Skopje! This took 3 days and cost me about £500. That's a lot of time and money for anyone. Going to a UEFA game takes 3 days, I know that and saved up holidays from work (hence no Portugal trip). Spare a thought for the Macedonians who travelled to Bolton!

I can see why you wouldn't go to Sweden or Greece but if you want to go to a UEFA game outside of Portugal, Bolton is one of the easiest and cheapest places to get to from what I can see. It's a shame if only a few will travel. Benfica, Sporting and Porto always seem to have decent followings in Europe.
Vitória Sempre

Ricardo

Quote from: Boltoner on 22 de October de 2007, 11:59

I'll be there with a SCBraga shirt with the number 13 on the back!
Em Braga, Com o Braga, Pelo Braga
www.mesadaciencia.blogspot.com

TaddyNowak

Good man - get there early and you'll get plenty of ale bought for you!
I wonder, are there many ex-pats based in the UK who might go?